Popular Posts

Followers

Translate

Tuesday, June 5, 2007

To you IU

He called me yesterday to tell me he went to my blogsite... "u didnt tell me ure as much a writer as u are a singer" he said. I was like, "yea, I love to write. It's one of the things I love doing most" and he was like "really?! write me a poem then" and I was like "m not really too good at doing poems, just do better writing stuff" and he went (I knew he was going to say that) "write about me". I asked "and post in on my site?" he shouted immediately "no o! m too shy, just do it and send to me!" hm, u dont know me IU. I promised to write about u but didnt promise not to post it on my site so here goes... (I know he will like it, by the time he reads through, no doubt).
This guy just suddenly appeared in my life, ie, not my life-life (ok, I explain better, not my romantic life), but my life (I told u guys I love making friends, and I promised myself never to pass up an opportunity to make friends). He barged into my office demanding, no more like asking, to see my boss (because of an injustice or something) blah blah blah (u know how 'the customer is always right' gets into customers' heads sometimes) and when I asked his name he told me and I was like "cool, ure my brother" that was it. We became friends. He ended up helping me scratch 12 recharge cards for my boss' phone (an activity that would have taken me like ages to finish, get?). We talked about almost everything from whats happening in the country to whats happening in the family to football (did we talk football, IU?) to me to him to everything untill my boss was through with his meeting and IU went in. I believe by the time he got into the boss' office he had forgotten he was angry (sort of) earlier.
IU is a very interesting character (I think all my friends are, yes that's true. I could write volumes about each of them). One day he walked into my office and I asked him "are u a witch?" (maybe I shldav said 'wizard' or 'warlord' right?). He was like "why?" (and the 1 or 2 people in my office were looking at me like I'd suddenly grown horns on my head, like 'u must be in d category to ask someone such a question'). The reason I asked IU that question was that anytime I was thinking about him, just give us 2 or 3 minutes and he will walk into my office (for real if he walks into my office now I will have no reason to doubt that he's a witch or warlord, watever). He's very open, very very inquisitive. He wants to know everything, I think I'm an inquisitive person but not as much as IU. Dont ever make the mistake of thinking loud before him, he will hound you untill he finds out what led to the statement and why you said it and when are you going to explain it to him and ... I think he will do very well as the leader of a paparazzi, somewhere in the backside of nowhere. lol!!!
He's the kind of person you'll be with and forget you had decided to keep certain things to yourself. And he's a very devoted husband and father (my in-law actually, cos I'm eyeing his first daughter for my second son, but I guess the future will tell, right? just kidding). But m-e-n, the guy is a sleepyhead! I invited him to a men-only service in my church, the service was to start at 7am, by 8:30am d Sleepy head sends me a txt "I've been trying to psyche my body to get up from my bed and it refused"! can you imagine this guy?! Anyway, he asked me to forgive him and I did (what is even there to forgive?) and from my kind heart I bought the recorded version of the message for him and the women only version for his sweetheart and they were thrilled (or so I heard).
IU is the kind of person I'll make friends with over and over again; very good, healthy sense of humour (if you can make me laugh, you're my friend for life), that's one thing I love so much in people, their sense of humour cos I love to laugh (they say it's good for the health, makes you live longer right? and reduces wrinkles, is that so?! hmm)
This is to you IU. Thanks for being my friend. You said to write about you, that was why I did this. I just posted it where I wanted it (phbbbt!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now i'm blushing...i actually placed a comment yesterday but after i clicked on preview, the thing disappeared so this time i won't preview anything.
Wow! I must be a character but anyway this post is not about me it's about you. What can i say? U definitely are unique but you still owe me the name i asked for!!! I think about you a lot, as evidenced by my calls..u write, i call.
Did i tell u one of the most interesting things about you is your smile, i know it has made me forget my problems more than once that's for sure.
I like to be around you cos u are creative in many ways and i admire your thought process. U are also very talented and i bet one magazine is missing out on a great columnist.
I'm honoured by your post...thanks!

Moments with mind said...

Hi..didn't know your talents included writing as well as singing and fashion design? It's good to know i have a creative sister as a mother-in-law in waiting. Have a lovely week